It’s not our disadvantages or shortcomings that are ridiculous, but rather the studious way we try to hide them and our desire to act as if they did not exist.
Topics: Awareness, Self-Knowledge
People are ridiculous only when they fly or seem to be that which they are not.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Antonio Porchia Italian Poet
- Metastasio Italian Poet
- Thomas Aquinas Italian Catholic Priest
- Italo Calvino Italian Novelist, Writer
- Dante Alighieri Italian Poet, Philosopher
- Petrarch Italian Scholar
- Benito Mussolini Italian Head of State
- Miguel de Unamuno Spanish Philosopher, Writer
- William Hazlitt English Essayist
- Moshe Chaim Luzzatto Italian Jewish Rabbi