We continue to have nuclear weapons relied on as a weapon of choice. If that policy were to continue, we continue to have countries who are in a security bind, if you like, or perceive themselves to be in security bind to look for acquisition of nuclear weapons
So, we need to delegitimize the nuclear weapon, and by de-legitimizing… meaning trying to develop a different system of security that does not depend on nuclear deterrence
I think it is fair to say that it is under a great deal of stress, and if I am asking for significant changes, it is because the world is going through significant changes.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Anwar el-Sadat Egyptian Head of State
- Elihu Root American Statesman
- Jane Addams American Social Reformer
- Charles G. Dawes American Diplomat, Politician
- Rudy Giuliani American Politician
- Herb Kelleher American Entrepreneur
- Naguib Mahfouz Egyptian Novelist
- Howard Cosell American Journalist
- Al Gore American Politician, Environmentalist
- The 14th Dalai Lama Tibetan Buddhist Religious Leader