I’d rather be a could-be if I cannot be an are;because a could-be is a maybe who is reaching for a star.I’d rather be a has-been than a might-have-been, by far;for a might have-been has never been, but a has was once an are.
This is how it is today: The teachers are afraid of the principals. The principals are afraid of the superintendents. The superintendents are afraid of the board of education. The board is afraid of the parents. The parents are afraid of the children. The children are afraid of nothing!
My wife and I have a perfect understanding. I don’t try to run her life, and I don’t try to run mine.
Committee—a group of men who keep minutes and waste hours.
For every student with a spark of brilliance, there is about ten with ignition trouble.
A good wife always forgives her husband when she’s wrong.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Tim Robbins American Actor, Director
- Fred Astaire American Dancer, Singer
- George Carlin American Comedian
- Vincent Price American Actor
- Bob Hope British-born American Comedian, Film Actor
- James Maitland Stewart American Film Actor
- Adam Sandler American Actor
- Eddie Murphy American Actor
- Edward Everett Horton American Actor
- George Burns American Comedian