Thinking begins only when we have come to know that reason, glorified for centuries, is the stiff-necked adversary of thought.
The most thought-provoking thing in our thought-provoking time is that we are still not thinking.
Man acts as though he were the shaper and master of language, while in fact language remains the master of man.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Friedrich Nietzsche German Philosopher, Scholar
- Immanuel Kant Prussian German Philosopher
- Arthur Schopenhauer German Philosopher
- Friedrich Heinrich Jacobi German Philosopher
- Johann Gottfried Herder German Poet, Literary Critic
- Moses Mendelssohn German Jewish Philosopher
- Hannah Arendt German-American Political Theorist
- Immanuel Hermann Fichte German Philosopher
- Wilhelm von Humboldt German Statesman, Scholar
- Nikos Kazantzakis Greek Novelist, Statesman