The most thought-provoking thing in our thought-provoking time is that we are still not thinking.
Thinking begins only when we have come to know that reason, glorified for centuries, is the stiff-necked adversary of thought.
Man acts as though he were the shaper and master of language, while in fact language remains the master of man.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Friedrich Nietzsche German Philosopher, Scholar
- Immanuel Kant Prussian German Philosopher
- Arthur Schopenhauer German Philosopher
- Friedrich Heinrich Jacobi German Philosopher
- Johann Gottfried Herder German Poet, Literary Critic
- Moses Mendelssohn German Jewish Philosopher
- Hannah Arendt German-American Political Theorist
- Immanuel Hermann Fichte German Philosopher
- Wilhelm von Humboldt German Statesman, Scholar
- Nikos Kazantzakis Greek Novelist, Statesman