Never start with tomorrow to reach eternity. Eternity is not being reached by small steps.
As states subsist in part by keeping their weaknesses from being known, so is it the quiet of families to have their chancery and their parliament within doors, and to compose and determine all emergent differences there.
Man is not only a contributory creature, but a total creature; he does not only make one, but he is all; he is not a piece of the world, but the world itself; and next to the glory of God, the reason why there is a world.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- John Keats English Poet
- George Herbert Welsh Anglican Poet
- John Webster English Dramatist
- George Eliot (Mary Anne Evans) English Novelist
- John Milton English Poet
- Edmund Spenser English Poet
- Christina Rossetti English Poet
- William Shakespeare British Playwright
- Charles Lamb British Essayist, Poet
- Isaac Watts English Hymn writer