Remove advertising, disable a person or firm from proclaiming its wares and their merits, and the whole of society and of the economy is transformed. The enemies of advertising are the enemies of freedom.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Margaret Thatcher British Head of State
- Winston Churchill British Head of State
- Harold Macmillan British Head of State
- E. F. L. Wood, 1st Earl of Halifax British Politician
- William Ewart Gladstone English Liberal Statesman
- Nancy Astor, Viscountess Astor American-born British Politician
- John Lennon British Singer
- A. E. Housman English Scholar, Poet
- Laurens van der Post South African Explorer, Writer
- C. S. Lewis Irish-born Author, Scholar