It seems to me that those songs that have been any good, I have nothing much to do with the writing of them. The words have just crawled down my sleeve and come out on the page.
Topics: Words, Writing, Singing
If it’s natural to kill, how come men have to go into training to learn how?
I have been true to the principles of nonviolence, developing a stronger and stronger aversion to the ideologies of both the far right and the far left and a deeper sense of rage and sorrow over the suffering they continue to produce all over the world.
No one knows what they’ll do in a moment of crisis and hypothetical questions get hypothetical answers.
The only thing that’s been a worse flop than the organization of non-violence has been the organization of violence.
You don’t get to choose how you’re going to die, or when. You can only decide how you’re going to live. Now.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Carole King American Singer
- Bob Dylan American Musician
- Ray Charles American Singer
- Paul McCartney British Pop Musician
- Billy Joel American Singer
- Stevie Wonder American Singer, Songwriter
- Elvis Presley American Musician
- George Harrison English Singer
- John Lennon British Singer
- Bette Midler American Actress, Singer