If you want to be creative, stay in part a child, with the creativity and invention that characterizes children before they are deformed by adult society.
Intelligence is what you use when you don’t know what to do.
The principle goal of education in the schools should be creating men and women who are capable of doing new things, not simply repeating what other generations have done; men and women who are creative, inventive and discoverers, who can be critical and verify, and not accept, everything they are offered.
Topics: Education, Goal, Creativity
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Robert Anton Wilson American Polymath
- Albert Einstein German-born Theoretical Physicist
- Carl Gustav Jung Swiss Psychologist
- Paul Frank Baer American Army Officer
- Emanuel Swedenborg Swedish Mystic, Theologian, Scientist
- Karl Popper Austrian-born British Philosopher
- Hans-Georg Gadamer German Philosopher
- Rene Descartes French Mathematician, Philosopher
- Gaston Bachelard French Philosopher
- Jacques Derrida French Philosopher, Literary Theorist