It would be nice to travel if you knew where you were going and where you would live at the end or do we ever know, do we ever live where we live, we’re always in other places, lost, like sheep.
For your own good is a persuasive argument that will eventually make a man agree to his own destruction.
Writing a novel is not merely going on a shopping expedition across the border to an unreal land: it is hours and years spent in the factories, the streets, the cathedrals of the imagination.
Topics: Fiction, Authors & Writing
Very often the law of extremity demands an attention to irrelevance.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Lloyd Alexander American Writer
- Jose Saramago Portuguese Novelist
- Robertson Davies Canadian Novelist, Playwright
- Isabel Allende Chilean Novelist
- Darrell Royal American Sportsperson
- Truman Capote American Novelist
- Leo Buscaglia American Motivational Speaker
- Charles Simmons American Editor, Novelist
- Cicely Tyson American Actress
- Margaret Truman American Singer