Above all, I regret that scientific experiments—some of them mine—should have produced such a terrible weapon as the hydrogen bomb. Regret, with all my soul, but not guilt.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar Indian-American Astrophysicist
- Glenn T. Seaborg American Chemist
- Richard Feynman American Physicist
- Hans Bethe American Physicist
- Linus Pauling American Scientist, Peace Activist
- Steven Weinberg American Physicist
- Edward Teller American Nuclear Physicist
- James D. Watson American Biologist
- Barbara McClintock American Geneticist
- Murray Gell-Mann American Physicist