A mathematician, like a painter or a poet, is a maker of patterns. If his patterns are more permanent than theirs, it is because they are made with ideas.
—G. H. Hardy
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Arthur Eddington English Astronomer
- Freeman Dyson American Physicist, Author
- Bertrand A. Russell British Philosopher, Mathematician
- Michael Faraday British Physicist, Chemist
- Aaron Klug English Biophysicist
- Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar Indian-American Astrophysicist
- William Lawrence Bragg British Physicist
- A. E. Housman English Scholar, Poet
- Ludwig Wittgenstein Austrian-born British Philosopher
- Thomas Henry Huxley English Biologist