It takes a kind of shabby arrogance to survive in our time, and a fairly romantic nature to want to.
—Edgar Z. Friedenberg
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Jane Addams American Social Reformer
- Shoshana Zuboff American Social Psychologist
- Neil Postman American Educator, Social Critic
- Robert M. Pirsig American Writer
- Henry Steele Commager American Historian
- Susan Sontag American Writer, Philosopher
- George Steiner American Culture Critic
- Cynthia Ozick American Novelist, Essayist
- Helen Gurley Brown American Publisher
- William Graham Sumner American Polymath