Never a lip is curved with pain
That can’t be kissed into smile again.
One big vice in a man is apt to keep out a great many smaller ones.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Mark Van Doren American Poet, Critic
- John Neal American Author, Critic
- Henry van Dyke Jr. American Author, Educator, Clergyman
- Louis L’Amour American Novelist
- Langston Hughes American Poet, Writer
- Truman Capote American Novelist
- Ben Hecht American Screenwriter
- Sinclair Lewis American Novelist
- Stephen Vincent Benet American Poet
- Raymond Chandler American Novelist