One big vice in a man is apt to keep out a great many smaller ones.
Over the trackless past, somewhere, lie the lost days of our tropic youth.
Never a tear bedims the eye that time and patience will not dry.
A bird in the hand is a certainty, but a bird in the bush may sing.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Mark Van Doren American Poet, Critic
- John Neal American Author, Critic
- Henry van Dyke Jr. American Author, Educator, Clergyman
- Langston Hughes American Poet, Writer
- Louis L’Amour American Novelist
- Raymond Chandler American Novelist
- Don DeLillo American Author
- Joseph Heller American Novelist
- Wendell Berry American Author, Environmentalist
- Truman Capote American Novelist