If only the strength of the love that people feel when it is reciprocated could be as intense and obsessive as the love we feel when it is not; then marriages would be truly made in heaven.
The earth only has so much bounty to offer and inventing ever larger and more notional prices for that bounty does not change its real value.
No collection of people who are all waiting for the same thing are capable of holding a natural conversation. Even if the thing they are waiting for is only a taxi.
People who get through life dependent on other people’s possessions are always the first to lecture you on how little possessions count.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- J. B. Priestley British Novelist, Playwright, Essayist
- Douglas Adams British Author
- Charles Reade British Author
- Stephen Fry English Actor, Writer
- Peter Ustinov British Actor, Playwright
- Laurence Housman English Novelist, Dramatist
- Hanif Kureishi British Novelist, Screenwriter
- John Fowles English Novelist
- George Orwell English Novelist, Essayist, Journalist
- John Galsworthy English Novelist, Playwright