Love cannot be measured by its duration…
If you never left anything or anyone there would be no room for the new. Naturally, to move on is an infidelity—to others, to the past, to old notions of oneself. Perhaps every day should contain at least one essential infidelity or necessary betrayal. It would be an optimistic, hopeful act, guaranteeing belief in the future—a declaration that things can be not only different but better.
Nothing can be repaired or advanced but only accepted
How disturbing it is that our illusions are often our most important beliefs.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Ian McEwan (b.1948) British Novelist, Short-story Writer
- Laurence Housman English Novelist, Dramatist
- J. R. R. Tolkien British Philologist, Writer
- Charles Reade British Author
- Edward Lear English Humorist, Illustrator
- Peter Ustinov British Actor, Playwright
- Wilkie Collins English Novelist, Playwright
- Patrick White Australian Novelist
- Stephen Fry English Actor, Writer
- Dennis Potter English Dramatist