A woman should say: “Have I made him happy? Is he satisfied? Does he love me more than he loved me before? Is he likely to go to bed with another woman?” If he does, then it’s the wife’s fault because she is not trying to make him happy.
Topics: Men and Women, Men & Women
A woman asking “Am I good? Am I satisfied?” is extremely selfish. The less women fuss about themselves, the less they talk to other women, the more they try to please their husbands, the happier the marriage is going to be.
Topics: Wives, Marriage
Every man has been brought up with the idea that decent women don’t pop in and out of bed; he has always been told by his mother that “nice girls don’t.” He finds, of course, when he gets older that this may be untrue—but only in a certain section of society.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Rosamond Lehmann English Novelist
- A. S. Byatt English Novelist, Poet
- Frances Hodgson Burnett British Novelist, Playwright
- Angela Carter English Novelist, Short Story Writer
- Jackie Collins English Romance Novelist
- Anita Brookner English Novelist, Art Historian
- Penelope Fitzgerald British Novelist, Biographer
- Zadie Smith (b.1975) English Novelist, Essayist, Short-story Writer
- Dorothy L. Sayers English Novelist, Playwright
- Elizabeth Goudge English Novelist