The one man who should never attempt an explanation on poetry is its author. If the poem can be improved by its author’s explanations, it never should have been published.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Mark Van Doren American Poet, Critic
- Joyce Carol Oates American Novelist
- Wallace Stevens American Poet
- Langston Hughes American Poet, Writer
- Edgar Lee Masters American Poet, Novelist
- William Saroyan American Playwright, Novelist
- Marianne Moore American Poet
- Stanley Kunitz American Poet
- Howard Nemerov American Poet, Novelist
- Conrad Aiken American Poet, Novelist