When conscience is pure it triumphs o’er bitter malice, o’er dark calumny; but if there be in it one single stain, reproaches beat like hammers in the ears.
Don’t be sad, don’t be angry, if life deceives you! Submit to your grief; your time for joy will come, believe me.
Inspiration is needed in geometry, just as much as in poetry.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Victor Hugo French Novelist
- Mikhail Lermontov Russian Novelist, Poet
- Bernard Mandeville British Writer
- Ivan Turgenev Russian Novelist, Playwright
- Gerard de Nerval French Poet, Writer
- John Neal American Author, Critic
- Lord Byron (George Gordon Byron) English Romantic Poet
- Ben Jonson English Dramatist
- Arthur Rimbaud French Poet
- Maurice Maeterlinck Belgian Dramatist