An act of goodness is of itself an act of happiness. No reward coming after the event can compare with the sweet reward that went with it.
Each man has to seek out his own special aptitude for a higher life in the midst of the humble and inevitable reality of daily existence. Than this, there can be no nobler aim in life.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- George Bernard Shaw Irish Playwright
- August Strindberg Swedish Playwright
- Henrik Ibsen Norwegian Playwright
- Jean Cocteau French Poet, Artist
- Dorothy L. Sayers English Novelist, Playwright
- Victor Hugo French Novelist
- Arthur Miller American Playwright
- William Shakespeare British Playwright
- Colley Cibber English Playwright
- Richard Brinsley Sheridan Irish-born British Playwright