Writing and learning and thinking are the same process.
Clutter is the disease of American writing. We are a society strangling in unnecessary words, circular constructions, pompous frills and meaningless jargon.
Topics: Writing, Writers, Authors & Writing
If writing seems hard, it’s because it is hard. It’s one of the hardest things people do.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Charles Mingus American Jazz Bassist, Composer
- Judith Crist American Film Critic
- Helen Gurley Brown American Publisher
- Hannah Arendt German-American Political Theorist
- Harold Bloom American Literary Critic, Author
- William Dean Howells American Writer, Critic
- Lionel Trilling American Critic
- Betty White American Comedian
- Dorothy Height American Activist
- Lane Kirkland American Labor Leader