In reality, we are still children. We want to find a playmate for our thoughts and feelings.
Candor is always a double-edged sword; it may heal or it may separate.
People who do not understand themselves have a craving for understanding — a thing which is rather surmised and never spoken than known and clothed in words.
Love at first sight is a revival of an infantile impression. The first love object reappears in a different disguise.
Love rarely overtakes, it mostly comes to meet us.
Many an attack of depression is nothing but the expression of regret at having to be virtuous.
Anxiety is fear of one’s self.
Truth is not always the best basis for happiness. There are certain lies which may constitute a far better and more secure foundation of happiness. There are people who perish when their eyes are opened.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Viktor Frankl Austrian Psychiatrist
- Alfred Adler Austrian Psychiatrist
- Deepak Chopra Indian-born American Physician
- Edward de Bono British Psychologist, Writer
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sr. American Physician, Essayist
- Julien Offray de La Mettrie French Physician
- William Osler Canadian Physician
- Georges Clemenceau French Head of State
- Ludwig von Mises Austrian Economist
- Franz Grillparzer Austrian Dramatist