Do what you can to show you care about other people, and you will make our world a better place.
You must accept that you might fail; then, if you do your best and still don’t win, at least you can be satisfied that you’ve tried. If you don’t accept failure as a possibility, you don’t set high goals, and you don’t branch out, you don’t try—you don’t take the risk.
Topics: Acceptance, Failure, Risk-taking
A leader takes people where they want to go. A great leader takes people where they don’t necessarily want to go, but ought to be.
Once you accept the fact that you’re not perfect, then you develop some confidence.
If you doubt you can accomplish something, then you can’t accomplish it. You have to have confidence in your ability, and then be tough enough to follow through.
Topics: Being True to Yourself, Perseverance, Doubt, Ability, Follow, Confidence
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Jimmy Carter American Head of State
- Joan Didion American Essayist, Novelist, Memoirist
- Alice Walker American Novelist, Activist
- Ellen DeGeneres American Comedian, Television Host
- Judith Crist American Film Critic
- Isabel Allende Chilean Novelist
- Shirley Chisholm American Politician
- John Kerry American Politician
- Alvin Toffler American Writer, Futurist
- Willie Nelson American Country Musician