The world does not speak. Only we do. The world can, once we have programmed ourselves with a language, cause us to hold beliefs. But it cannot propose a language for us to speak. Only other human beings can do that.
Topics: Speech, Conversation
Always strive to excel, but only on weekends.
The difference between people and ideas is… only superficial.
Open-mindedness should not be fostered because, as Scripture teaches, Truth is great and will prevail, nor because, as Milton suggests, Truth will always win in a free and open encounter. It should be fostered for its own sake.
Topics: Perception, Awareness
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Charles Sanders Peirce American Philosopher
- Hilary Putnam American Philosopher
- Jacques Derrida French Philosopher, Literary Theorist
- Robert M. Pirsig American Writer
- Noam Chomsky American Linguist, Philosopher, Social Critic
- Robert Anton Wilson American Polymath
- Gottfried Wilhelm Leibniz German Philosopher, Mathematician
- Susan Sontag American Writer, Philosopher
- Daniel C. Dennett American Philosopher, Atheist
- Umberto Eco Italian Novelist