A man who tries to please all men by weakening his position or compromising his beliefs, in the end has neither position nor beliefs. A man must say what he believes clearly, without dogma, and without guile.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Robertson Davies Canadian Novelist, Playwright
- Margaret Atwood Canadian Author
- Carol Shields Canadian Author, Academic
- James Cameron Canadian Filmmaker
- Joni Mitchell Canadian Singer, Songwriter
- William Saroyan American Playwright, Novelist
- Langston Hughes American Poet, Writer
- Arnold J. Toynbee British Historian
- David Hockney British Artist
- Richard Eyre British Director