Art has to move you and design does not, unless it’s a good design for a bus.
Anything simple always interests me.
Television is becoming a collage—there are so many channels that you move through them making a collage yourself. In that sense, everyone sees something a bit different.
If we are to change our world view, images have to change. The artist now has a very important job to do. He’s not a little peripheral figure entertaining rich people, he’s really needed.
Topics: Art, Artists, Arts
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Arthur Eddington English Astronomer
- William Hogarth English Painter, Engraver
- Anthony Hopkins Welsh-American Actor
- E. M. Forster English Novelist
- Richard Eyre British Director
- William Blake English Poet
- Leon Battista Alberti Italian Architect
- Reginald Horace Blyth British Japanologist
- David Attenborough English Naturalist, Broadcaster
- Lytton Strachey British Biographer