The problem in this world is to avoid concentration of power—we must have a dispersion of power.
What kind of society isn’t structured on greed? The problem of social organization is how to set up an arrangement under which greed will do the least harm; capitalism is that kind of a system.
Topics: Capitalism, Greed
The economic race should not be arranged so everyone arrives at the finish line at the same time but so that everyone starts at the starting line at the same time.
Inflation is one form of taxation that can be imposed without legislation.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Paul Samuelson American Economist
- Ludwig von Mises Austrian Economist
- Edward Teller American Nuclear Physicist
- Stephen Jay Gould American Paleontologist
- Sidney Hook American Social Philosopher
- Arthur Rubinstein American Pianist
- Saul Bellow Canadian-born American Novelist
- Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar Indian-American Astrophysicist
- Murray Gell-Mann American Physicist
- Robert A. Heinlein American Science Fiction Writer