Trifles make perfection, and perfection is no trifle.
The promises of this world are, for the most part, vain phantoms; and to confide in one’s self, and become something of worth and value is the best and safest course.
Topics: Self-Discovery, Assurance, Promises, Confidence
Lord, grant that I may always desire more than I can accomplish.
Patience is eternal genius.
Criticize by creating.
In every block of marble I see a statue as plain as though it stood before me, shaped and perfect in attitude and action.
I have only to hew away the rough walls that imprison the lovely apparition to reveal it to the other eyes as mine see it.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Leonardo da Vinci Italian Polymath
- James Abbott McNeill Whistler American Painter, Etcher
- William Hogarth English Painter, Engraver
- Pablo Picasso Spanish Painter
- Georges Braque French Painter
- Dante Alighieri Italian Poet, Philosopher
- Luciano Pavarotti Italian Musician
- Thomas Aquinas Italian Catholic Priest
- Galileo Galilei Italian Astronomer
- Sophia Loren Italian Actor