When work is a pleasure, life is joy. When work is a duty, life is slavery.
A good man can be stupid and still be good. But a bad man must have brains.
Happiness always looks small while you hold it in your hands, but let it go, and you learn at once how big and precious it is.
Everybody, my friend, everybody lives for something better to come. That’s why we want to be considerate of every man—Who knows what’s in him, why he was born and what he can do?
Topics: Optimism, Hope, Aspirations
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky Russian Novelist
- Anton Chekhov Russian Short Story Writer
- Leo Tolstoy Russian Novelist
- Nikita Khrushchev Russian Head of State
- Anna Pavlova Russian Dancer
- Constantin Stanislavski Russian Actor
- Nikolai Berdyaev Russian Christian Philosopher
- Catherine II of Russia Russian Empress
- Sophie Swetchine Russian Mystic, Writer
- Elie Wiesel Romanian-born American Writer