To follow without halt, one aim; there is the secret of success. And success? What is it? I do not find it in the applause of the theatre. It lies rather in the satisfaction of accomplishment.
No one can arrive from being talented alone. God gives talent; work transforms talent into genius.
Although one may fail to find happiness in theatrical life, one never wishes to give it up after having once tasted its fruits.
The right to happiness is fundamental.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Constantin Stanislavski Russian Actor
- Sophie Swetchine Russian Mystic, Writer
- Agnes de Mille American Dancer
- Isadora Duncan American Dancer
- Fyodor Dostoyevsky Russian Novelist
- Nikolai Berdyaev Russian Christian Philosopher
- Maxim Gorky Russian Writer
- Nikita Khrushchev Russian Head of State
- Anton Chekhov Russian Short Story Writer
- Catherine II of Russia Russian Empress