To repent is not to feel remorse, but to face one’s faults, realizing they are faults, and try one’s best not to make the same mistake again. If one does that, one is already making amends.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Shunryu Suzuki Buddhist Monk, Author
- Thich Nhat Hanh Vietnamese Buddhist Religious Leader
- D. T. Suzuki Japanese Buddhist Philosopher
- Joko Beck American Zen Teacher
- Martine Batchelor French Buddhist Teacher
- Peter Matthiessen American Naturalist, Novelist
- James H. Austin American Buddhist Neuroscientist
- Dennis Genpo Merzel American Buddhist Monk
- Janwillem van de Wetering Dutch Crime Novelist
- Natalie Goldberg American Buddhist Author