Hold firmly to your word.
You must accept the truth from whatever source it comes.
Anticipate charity by preventing poverty; assist the reduced fellow man, either by a considerable gift or a sum of money or by teaching him a trade or by putting him in the way of business so that he may earn an honest livelihood and not be forced to the dreadful alternative of holding out his hand for charity. This is the highest step and summit of charity’s golden ladder.
Inspire me with love for my art and for thy creatures. In the sufferer let me see only the human being.
Teach thy tongue to say “I do not know” and thou shalt progress.
I will destroy my enemies by converting them to friends.
Consequently he who wishes to attain to human perfection, must therefore first study Logic, next the various branches of Mathematics in their proper order, then Physics, and lastly Metaphysics.
We are obligated to be more scrupulous in
fulfilling the commandment of charity than any other
positive commandment because charity is the sign of a righteous man.
God is identical with His attributes, so that it may be said that He is the knowledge, the knower, and the known.
Truth does not become more true by virtue of the fact that the entire world agrees with it, nor less so even if the whole world disagrees with it.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Thomas Aquinas Italian Catholic Priest
- Avicenna Persian Physician, Philosopher, Polymath
- Mortimer J. Adler American Philosopher, Educator
- Bahya ibn Paquda Jewish Philosopher
- Roger Bacon English Philosopher
- Moshe Chaim Luzzatto Italian Jewish Rabbi
- Moses Mendelssohn German Jewish Philosopher
- Hilary Putnam American Philosopher
- Martin Buber Austrian Jewish Philosopher
- William of Ockham English Philosopher, Polemicist