The end of a thing,
is never the end,
something is always being born like
a year of a baby.
People wish to be poets more than they wish to write poetry, and that’s a mistake. One should wish to celebrate more than one wishes to be celebrated.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Alice Walker American Novelist, Activist
- Mark Van Doren American Poet, Critic
- Margaret Walker American Author, Poet
- Gwendolyn Brooks American Poet, Educator
- Maya Angelou American Poet
- Grace Paley American Author
- Carolyn Kizer American Poet
- Joyce Carol Oates American Novelist
- Marianne Moore American Poet
- Stanley Kunitz American Poet