There is scarcely anything more harmless than political or party malice. It is best to leave it to itself. Opposition and contradiction are the only means of giving it life or duration.
Men talk in raptures of youth and beauty, wit and sprightliness; but after seven years of union, not one of them is to be compared to good family management, which is seen at every meal, and felt every hour in the husband’s purse.
Never read a book through merely because you have begun it.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- John Muir American Naturalist
- Woodrow Wilson American Head of State
- William Sloane Coffin American Presbyterian Clergyman
- B. C. Forbes Scottish-born American Journalist
- Thomas Jefferson American Head of State
- Alexander Graham Bell Scottish-born American Inventor
- Frederick Buechner American Writer, Theologian
- Thomas De Witt Talmage American Presbyterian Clergyman
- David Livingstone Scottish Missionary, Explorer
- Benjamin Franklin American Founding Father, Inventor