God, send me anywhere, only go with me. Lay any burden on me, only sustain me. And sever any tie in my heart except the tie that binds my heart to Yours.
I will place no value on anything I have or may possess except in relation to the kingdom of Christ.
If you have men who will only come if they know there is a good road, I don’t want them. I want men who will come if there is no road at all.
I do not know how the great loving Father will bring out light at last, but he knows, and he will do it.
Nothing earthly will make me give up my work in despair.
Fear God and work hard.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Hugh Blair Scottish Minister, Scholar
- Adam Smith Scottish Philosopher
- Samuel Rutherford Scottish Presbyterian Theologian
- John Buchan, 1st Baron Tweedsmuir Scottish Novelist
- Robert Louis Stevenson Scottish Novelist
- George MacDonald Scottish Poet, Novelist
- George Matheson Scottish Theologian
- Francis Jeffrey, Lord Jeffrey Scottish Judge, Critic
- R. D. Laing British Psychiatrist
- Robert Burns Scottish Poet, Songwriter