The perfect way is without difficulty, for it avoids picking and choosing. Only when you stop liking and disliking will all be clearly understood. Be not concerned with right or wrong, for the conflict between right and wrong is the sickness of the mind.
The Perfect Way is only difficult for those who pick and choose. Do not like, do not dislike; all will then be clear. Make a hairbreadth difference, and Heaven and Earth are set apart.
If an eye never falls asleep,
All dreams will by themselves cease:
If the mind retains its absoluteness,
The ten thousand things are of one suchness.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Confucius Chinese Philosopher
- Laozi Chinese Philosopher
- Lin Yutang Chinese Author, Philologist
- Zhuang Zhou Chinese Taoist Philosopher
- Sun Tzu Chinese Military Leader
- Dilgo Khyentse Rinpoche Tibetan Buddhist Teacher
- The 14th Dalai Lama Tibetan Buddhist Religious Leader
- Thich Nhat Hanh Vietnamese Buddhist Religious Leader
- Sakyong Mipham Tibetan Buddhist Religious Leader
- Matthieu Ricard French Buddhist Monk