The road to the future leads us smack into the wall. We simply ricochet off the alternatives that destiny offers. Our survival is no more than a question of 25, 50 or perhaps 100 years.
If we were logical, the future would be bleak, indeed. But we are more than logical. We are human beings, and we have faith, and we have hope, and we can work.
Topics: Belief, Hope, Faith, Future
Water and air, the two essential fluids on which all life depends, have become global garbage cans.
Man, of all the animals, is probably the only one to regard himself as a great delicacy.
Without ethics, everything happens as if we were all five billion passengers on a big machinery and nobody is driving the machinery. And it’s going faster and faster, but we don’t know where.
From birth, man carries the weight of gravity on his shoulders. He is bolted to earth. But man has only to sink beneath the surface and he is free
The reason I love the sea I cannot explain—it’s physical. When you dive you begin to feel like an angel. It’s a liberation of your weight.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Douglas MacArthur American Military Leader
- Hyman G. Rickover American Admiral
- Robert Baden-Powell, 1st Baron Baden-Powell Founder of the Boy Scouts
- George Marshall American Military Leader
- George S. Patton American Military Leader
- Eddie Rickenbacker American Aviator
- H. Norman Schwarzkopf United States Army Officer
- Colin Powell American Military Leader
- Omar Bradley American Military Leader
- William Tecumseh Sherman American Military General