I do not know what I may appear to the world, but to myself I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore, and diverting myself in finding a smoother pebble or prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.
Topics: Truth, Discovery
Every body continues in its state of rest, or of uniform motion in a right line, unless it is compelled to change that state by forces impressed upon it.
I can calculate the motion of heavenly bodies, but not the madness of people.
To every action there is an equal and opposite reaction.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Galileo Galilei Italian Astronomer
- Stephen Hawking English Theoretical Physicist
- Freeman Dyson American Physicist, Author
- John Herschel English Mathematician
- Arthur Eddington English Astronomer
- Max Planck German Theoretical Physicist
- Francis Bacon English Philosopher
- Roger Bacon English Philosopher
- Michael Faraday British Physicist, Chemist
- Niels Bohr Danish Physicist