The nice thing about being a celebrity is that, if you bore people, they think it’s their fault.
The superpowers often behave like two heavily armed blind men feeling their way around a room, each believing himself in mortal peril from the other, whom he assumes to have perfect vision.
Topics: Anxiety, Fear, War, Reality, Opportunities
We cannot always assure the future of our friends; we have a better chance of assuring our future if we remember who our friends are.
The true conservative is not at home in social struggle. He will attempt to avoid unbridgeable schism, because he knows that a stable social structure thrives not on triumphs but on reconciliations.
The most fundamental problem of politics, which is not the control of wickedness but the limitation of righteousness.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Madeleine Albright Czech-born American Diplomat
- Adlai Stevenson American Diplomat
- John Foster Dulles American Lawyer
- R. James Woolsey, Jr. American Diplomat
- Colin Powell American Military Leader
- George Marshall American Military Leader
- Carlos P. Romulo Philippine Diplomat
- Jimmy Carter American Head of State
- Romain Gary French Diplomat
- Pablo Neruda Chilean Poet