We hear the haunting presentiment of a dutiful middle age in the current reluctance of young people to select any option except the one they feel will impinge upon them the least.
There is no more defiant denial of one man’s ability to possess one woman exclusively than the prostitute who refuses to redeemed.
Ah, mastery … what a profoundly satisfying feeling when one finally gets on top of a new set of skills … and then sees the light under the new door those skills can open, even as another door is closing.
Topics: Problem-solving, Growth
If every day is an awakening, you will never grow old. You will just keep growing.
To be tested is good. The challenged life may be the best therapist.
Creativity can be described as letting go of certainties
Topics: Letting Go
Would that there were an award for people who come to understand the concept of enough. Good enough. Successful enough. Thin enough. Rich enough. Socially responsible enough. When you have self-respect, you have enough.
Topics: Success & Failure, Self-respect
Changes are not only possible and predictable, but to deny them is to be an accomplice to one’s own unnecessary vegetation.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Katherine Anne Porter American Writer
- Letty Cottin Pogrebin American Writer
- Carl Bernstein American Journalist
- Norman Cousins American Journalist
- Brenda Ueland American Journalist Memoirist
- Walter Lippmann American Journalist
- Midge Decter American Journalist
- James Fallows American Journalist
- Raymond Chandler American Novelist
- Heywood Broun American Journalist