To the old saying that man built the house but woman made of it a “home” might be added the modern supplement that woman accepted cooking as a chore but man has made of it a recreation.
Topics: Cooking, Eating
Bread is like dressed, hats and shoes—in other words, essential!
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Cynthia Ozick American Novelist, Essayist
- Zora Neale Hurston American Novelist
- Andre Norton American Science Fiction Writer
- Flannery O’Connor American Novelist
- Dorothy Canfield Fisher American Novelist
- Lisa Alther American Novelist
- Katherine Anne Porter American Writer
- Joyce Carol Oates American Novelist
- Charlotte Perkins Gilman American Feminist, Writer
- Edith Wharton American Novelist, Short-story Writer