Conscience is the voice of values long and deeply infused into one’s sinew and blood.
People have moved beyond apathy, beyond skepticism into deep cynicism.
There is an increasingly pervasive sense not only of failure, but of futility. The legislative process has become a cruel shell game and the service system has become a bureaucratic maze, inefficient, incomprehensible, and inaccessible.
Topics: Politicians, Politics
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- John Foster Dulles American Politician
- Robert F. Kennedy American Politician
- Ben Stein American Lawyer
- Louis Brandeis American Jurist
- Oliver Wendell Holmes, Jr. American Jurist, Author
- Thomas Brackett Reed American Politician
- John Quincy Adams American Head of State
- Owen D. Young American Businessperson
- Florynce Kennedy American Lawyer
- Clarence Darrow American Lawyer