If you could once make up your mind never to undertake more work … than you can carry on calmly, quietly, without hurry or flurry … and if the instant you feel yourself growing nervous and … out of breath, you would stop and take a breath, you would find this simple common-sense rule doing for you what no prayers or tears could ever accomplish.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Nikki Giovanni American Poet, Writer
- Shel Silverstein American Cartoonist, Author
- Diane Ackerman American Poet, Naturalist
- Sarah Orne Jewett American Children’s Books Writer
- Marie Chapian American Christian Writer
- e. e. cummings American Poet, Writer, Painter
- Carl Sandburg American Poet, Historian
- Phyllis McGinley American Children’s Books Writer
- James Whitcomb Riley American Children’s Books Writer
- May Sarton American Children’s Books Writer