He is invariably in a hurry. Being in a hurry is one of the tributes he pays to life.
Endurance is frequently a form of indecision.
It is never any good dwelling on goodbyes. It is not the being together it prolongs, it is the parting.
Influencing people is dangerous. Their acts and thoughts become your illegitimate children. You can’t get away from them and Heaven knows what they mayn’t grow up into.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Philip Larkin English Poet
- Percy Bysshe Shelley English Poet
- Mary Webb English Novelist
- Letitia Elizabeth Landon English Poet, Novelist
- Lady Mary Wortley Montagu English Aristocrat, Poet
- Edward Bulwer-Lytton, 1st Baron Lytton British Author, Politician
- Algernon Charles Swinburne English Poet
- John Masefield English Poet
- Francis Thompson English Poet
- Edmund Spenser English Poet