When we cannot bear to be alone, it means we do not properly value the only companion we will have from birth to death—ourselves.
Babies are necessary to grown-ups. A new baby is like the beginning of all things—wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities. In a world that is cutting down its trees to build highways, losing its earth to concrete… babies are almost the only remaining link with nature, with the natural world of living things from which we spring.
Education is in danger of becoming a religion based on fear; its doctrine is to compete. Our children are being led to believe that they are doomed to failure in a world which has room only for those at the top … in all our efforts to provide “advantages” we have actually produced the busiest, most competitive, highly pressured and over-organized generation of youngsters in our history and possibly the unhappiest.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Phil McGraw American TV Personality
- Charles Mingus American Jazz Bassist, Composer
- Helen Gurley Brown American Publisher
- Ken Keyes Jr. American Self-Help Author
- Bernie S. Siegel American Physician, Writer
- Jon Kabat-Zinn American Meditation Teacher, Writer
- Laura Schlessinger American Broadcaster
- Oprah Winfrey American TV Personality
- Barbara De Angelis American Psychologist
- Marilyn vos Savant American Columnist