A lot of people mistake a short memory for a clear conscience.
A weed is a plant that has mastered every survival skill except for learning how to grow in rows
More marriages might survive if the partners realized that sometimes the better comes after the worse.
To err is human; to admit it, superhuman.
Real elation is when you feel you could touch a star without standing on tiptoe.
If all the cars in the United States were placed end to end, it would probably be Labor Day Weekend.
The trouble with learning from experience is that you never graduate.
Nostalgia is a file that removes the rough edges from the good old days.
The reason people blame things on the previous generations is that there’s only one other choice.
Nostalgia: A device that removes the ruts and potholes from memory lane.
Topics: The Past
Autumn is a season followed immediately by looking forward to spring.
Wisdom is the quality that keeps you from getting into situations where you need it.
Few things are more delightful than grandchildren fighting over your lap.
Instead of giving a politician the keys to the city, it might be better to change the locks.
People are living longer than ever before, a phenomenon undoubtedly made necessary by the 30-year mortgage.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- John Fowles English Novelist
- Queen Elizabeth II Queen of United Kingdom
- Harold Stephens American Travel Writer
- David Attenborough English Naturalist, Broadcaster
- Lynda Barry American Cartoonist
- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross American Psychiatrist
- Kenneth H. Olsen American Engineer, Business Executive
- Robert H. Schuller American Televangelist, Author
- Karel Reisz Czech-British Film Director
- Dario Fo Italian Playwright