Grow your tree of falsehood from a small grain of truth. Do not follow those who lie in contempt of reality. Let your lie be even more logical than the truth itself, so the weary travelers may find repose.
Topics: Lies, Deception/Lying
Every poet depends upon generations who wrote in his native tongue; he inherits styles and forms elaborated by those who lived before him. At the same time, though, he feels that those old means of expression are not adequate to his own experience.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Stanley Kunitz American Poet
- Ezra Pound American Poet, Critic
- Sigrid Undset Norwegian Novelist
- Isaac Bashevis Singer Polish-born American Children’s Books Writer
- Marie Curie Polish-born French Physicist
- Saul Bellow Canadian-born American Novelist
- Dorothy Canfield Fisher American Novelist
- Lydia Davis American Author
- Ludwig Lewisohn American Novelist, Essayist
- Mark Strand American Poet, Essayist