Writing is to descend like a miner to the depths of the mine with a lamp on your forehead, a light whose dubious brightness falsifies everything, whose wick is in permanent danger of explosion, whose blinking illumination in the coal dust exhausts and corrodes your eyes.
Topics: Writers, Authors & Writing, Writing
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Milan Kundera Czech Novelist
- Andre Maurois French Novelist, Biographer
- Henri de Montherlant French Essayist, Novelist, Dramatist
- Jean Giraudoux French Novelist, Playwright
- Saint-John Perse French Poet
- Emile Zola French Novelist
- Jules Verne French Novelist
- Hector Bianciotti French Novelist
- Francois Mauriac French Novelist
- Alfred de Musset French Poet, Playwright