Don’t be too clever for an audience. Make it obvious. Make the subtleties obvious also
Hindsight is always twenty-twenty.
Now, what is it which makes a scene interesting?. If you see a man coming through a doorway, it means nothing. If you see him coming through a window – that is at once interesting.
If you are going to tell people the truth, be funny or they will kill you.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Steven Spielberg American Film Director
- Fred Astaire American Dancer, Singer
- Clint Eastwood American Film Director
- Warren Beatty American Actor
- Sidney Sheldon American Novelist, Screenwriter
- Cecil B. DeMille American Filmmaker
- Woody Allen American Film Actor, Director
- William Goldman Hollywood Screenwriter
- Bernardo Bertolucci Italian Film Director
- Tim Robbins American Actor, Director