Truly, one gets easier accustomed to a silken bed than to a sack of leaves.
Solitude has a healing consoler, friend, companion: it is work.
What is all our knowledge worth? We do not even know what the weather will be tomorrow.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- Moses Mendelssohn German Jewish Philosopher
- Johann Wolfgang von Goethe German Poet
- Hans Carossa German Novelist
- Thomas Mann German Novelist
- Bertolt Brecht German Poet
- Friedrich Gottlieb Klopstock German Poet
- Friedrich Schiller German Poet
- Heinrich Heine German Poet, Writer
- Hermann Hesse Swiss Novelist, Poet
- Jean Paul German Novelist