The truth every man and woman seeks is in themselves.
Truth cannot be memorized. Truth has to be discovered now, from moment to moment. It is always fresh, always new, always there for the still, innocent mind that has experienced life without needing to hold on to what has gone before.
Feelings are constantly changing. None is dependable for long. You can love someone intensely today, and tomorrow or next month not feel a thing. Except perhaps for the feeling of doubt or depression that what was so beautiful could change so quickly.
It is the conscious man or woman who finds the secret of happiness and contentment; and that, surely, is the ultimate success.
Wondering Whom to Read Next?
- John Fowles English Novelist
- Elisabeth Kubler-Ross American Psychiatrist
- Doug Larson American Columnist
- Robert H. Schuller American Televangelist, Author
- John Berger English Art Critic, Essayist, Novelist
- Ingvar Kamprad Swedish Businessman
- David Attenborough English Naturalist, Broadcaster
- Karel Reisz Czech-British Film Director
- Hilary Putnam American Philosopher
- Svetlana Alliluyeva Russian Defector, Memoirist